Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election

Well, here we are. Assuming your time zone is sufficiently easterly, it is election day. Who will be our next President, Mitt Romney or Hillary Clinton?

The fact that this question is a joke shows just how far we have come. Both parties managed to ditch the business as usual candidates in the primaries, and nominate a couple of guys with experience and desire for reaching across the aisle for the common good.

Which one you choose is up to you; I could hum and haw forever on this topic, but I have work to do. So instead I'll just post my best guess at the end result, below. Happy election day, fellow Americans. And please remember to vote, if you haven't already.



Horse racing picks my be left in comments by Australians who are feeling left out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clinton vs. Romney right now? ... it would be so different ... good point.

Tom said...

I basically agree, but I'm thinking Indiana might flip as well. It's practically Illinois these days.

C W Magee said...

I think a lot of people are getting so emotional that they're starting to believe their own attack ads/memes about the opposition being a Bolshevik creationist terrorist retard. It is worth remembering that we're looking at an election between the most centrist Democrat candidate, and the most floor-crossing Republican one. I personally reckon that either way, we'll get the best president in 20 years. And come Wednesday morning, it's time to kiss and make up. So enthusiasm is great, but it isn't worth getting nasty over. Incompetence ends Jan 20 no matter what.

In the end I went with Obama because he's shown a better ability to control the direction of his own party. But this whole 'most important election evah' thing is starting to grate a bit.